Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Dark Fall

The light fluttered.
I was looking out for my angel.
The angel: God's best creation.
So pure was she, her mere touch
relives you from your pains and worries.

The light continued to flutter,
more menacing than ever before.
The menace: Sharp and disturbing.
Striking fear and doubt in me.
Will my angel make her way to me?

The light went off suddenly
as if to welcome "The Devil".
The devil: sexy and wily.
With mystical eyes and seductive slang,
Can put anyone in a trance.
A perfect personfication of pain and peril.

Devil looked in my eyes; I couldn't breath.
Reminded my decision and whispered
"Your angel ain't coming any more".
The decision: Practical and calculated.
Like many of the decisions we make,
I made a decision choosing one over another.
Selfish decision nevertheless; I just had my
happiness in my mind. Nothing else.

I was startled. She came close and smiled.
Devil ran down her hands on my face
and said, "You were easy" indicating how I failed
her test. She kissed me.Felt like my
soul was sucked. She pushed me into a abyss.

Abyss: The dark bottomless pit.
I fall down. I keep falling down for eternity.
Feeling something wet, I looked up only to
see my angel cry. Feeling the most painful pain,
I shut my eyes and engulfed the darkess for good.

1 comment:

aishubaskar said...

Good one.. Fighting against the practical devilish acts in this crazy world is hard.. But not impossible.. It depends on what we choose at the moment of trial when ur angel and devil confront you on either side :-) I liked it