Thursday, February 10, 2011

Things are going to be fine

I believed she had the strength.
I believed she had the courage.
for even when things around us
got bleak and scary,
she would comfort me and breath
into me hope from nowhere.

No as I see her stand, all packed;
taking on a journey that had no return;
and somehow mystically all the beauty,
from the nature came running to her.
It somehow looked like the world
is being sucked into her like a vortex.

I wake up. Must have been a delusion.
It's then I noticed it.
Little colorless droplets from her pupil.
A failed attempt from her to conceal it.
I realise it's not gonna be a happy ending.
The vortex delusion was better.

I realise I need to react.
I need to know the cause.
I panic, I sweat. I mumbled something
that I myself couldn't hear.
I stood their motionless and numb
seeing her little droplets gained momentum.

I lunged forward. I held her.
I stared at her stare.
Her stare was conveying something.
It shouted, "Can't you still understand it?"
yet I didn't say a word.

The clock is ticking.
Her journey is to begin.
Suddenly the little droplets are wiped off.
She avoided my stare,
and from nowhere she said
"Take care!".

She moved, but couldn't move.
I didn't let go off her.
"Please be clear" is what I say,
despite I could guess it straight away.
I didn't want my guesses
to make things even worse.

For I believed she had the strength,
For I believed she had the courage!,
and when she, of all, broke into tears,
It means, tonight anything can go wrong.
I continued my silence not wanting to hasten
the impending truth that is going to hit me.

It came like a bullet, It pierced me like an arrow.
She had just confirmed my suspicion.
The last jig-saw piece fell in it's place.
I knew this moment of truth might happen
but expected her to comfort and lead us to light
but when had life been like we wanted?

I felt guitly of loading her with responsibility.
I felt I had been non commital. She was weak
from carrying the burden I refused to carry.
I bow down. Guilt pricked me.
I looked up. Seeing her red eyes,
Pain pricked me.

I ran down the memory lane, pondering
when did things start going wrong.
It's then I understood:
All these days, When she had said things are going to be fine,
it's not becuase they are going to be fine
but just to put me at peace.

I couldn't stop crying.
Ofcourse I cried within myself;
for I didn't wanna her to know,
that all these days When I said things are going to be fine,
it's not becuase they are going to be fine
but just to put her at peace.

-Sriram

2 comments:

Sathish said...

omg anish, too good, thoroughly loved it, i know that u could write, never knew u that ur a pro bard :)

yogeetha said...

Tooooooooooo gooooooodddddddd :) ....